Here Are Some Helpful Tips On Helping You Quit Smoking
Through this article, we are focusing on those people who want to get rid of smoking, but are not exactly aware of how to quit smoking. Reading this page will guide you right from the thought of quitting until to really hate to touch cigarettes or cigars. You will come to know about how to prepare for quitting, what should be your expectations, and your fighting tips as the days pass. It is our humble request that you concentratedly consider each tip/suggestion so that you know what your picks from the list are. This is because these tips are those tactics that have been successful in saving many smokers. So, there are better days standing at the door of your life. It is just the matter of seeing them, moving towards them, and opening your closed door.
Switching over to electronic cigarettes can also be a healthier option and more often can help you quit smoking as well.
First Make Yourself Strong
- Make a firm decision of quitting as this is the starting step to fulfill any aim.
- Ensure that no negativity disturbs you.
- Write down all the bad effects of smoking and other factors due to which you wanted to know how to quit smoking.
- Repeat one reason for 10 times each night. It is recommended to form powerful personal reasons such as time lost in thinking of cigarettes, always hunting for your pack, and so on. This will help you in quitting faster.
- Start some exercises, have more liquids, and take more rest.
- Determine a date for leaving such as Birthday or No Smoking Day.
- Tell yourself that you will be partying on this day after quitting.
Prior to Quitting
- Ensure that you make practical expectations – know that leaving smoking is not simple, but is also not unachievable.
- You will be happy to know that over 3 million Americans are successful in quitting every year.
- Know that quitting symptoms are not permanent, they stay only till 2 weeks max.
- You will mostly experience all setbacks during the first week of quitting completely. During this period, the quitting symptoms will be of high intensity. So, to face this toughest time, take help of personal strengths such as friends, will power, and family along with some tips.
- Know that many ex-smokers have left smoking only after many trials. So, never become weak or give up.
Implement the Methods of Quitting Slowly
- Take up a brand that you hate the most or is without any taste.
- Smoke fewer cigarettes daily. When you come to seven of them daily, decide for the last day of smoking.
- Smoke 50% of each lit one.
- Delay lighting the first one by an hour daily.
- Take a decision to smoke only when the hours are odd or even.
- Determine the number of cigarettes to be smoked. And for each of them, spend a dollar so that you realize that you are losing some money for each valueless cigarette.
- Drink milk and have snacks after meals to help you in quitting.
- Take a juice rather than a cigarette.
- Never vacant the ashtray so that you can feel abhorrence towards the unpleasant object of smell.
- Keep the pack in such a place that it is hard for you to reach.
- Make it difficult to buy cigarettes – do not carry money for it or never go to the shop where cigarettes are sold.
- Smoke only when you do not feel pleasant.
- Never smoke with others.
On the Quitting Day
- Remove all cigarettes, lighters, and ashtrays.
- Go to a dentist to clean teeth due to tobacco blemishes. See how shinning they are after cleaning and resolve to let them remain like that.
- Know the cost of buying cigarettes and use that money to buy gifts for your dear ones.
- Be very busy – see a movie, do exercise, go on a walk, and ride a bike.
- Tell your family that you now know how to quit smoking and overcome its symptoms by exercising, talking to a friend, walking, drinking a lot of water, and eating a healthy diet.
- Arrange for a party that day with your family.
For advice on smoking during and after pregnancy, click here.